Simplus’ next employee feature is Kenny Mills! Kenny is part of our Managed Services customer success team, delivering fantastic project management and building strong client relationships. Fresh off the heels of the Simplus training bootcamp in October 2019, Kenny has quickly proven his Salesforce consultant skills and become an invaluable team member. Read more about Kenny and what makes him such a fantastic part of the Simplus family:
What do you do at Simplus?
I’m a Customer Success Consultant on the Managed Services team. I help keep projects on track and manage the relationship with our clients.
What are some achievements of which you are most proud? Both professionally and personally.
– Marrying the sweetest and most beautiful woman I know!
– The second one in my family to get a graduate degree.
– In 2010, I was very out of shape, and my doctor told me I was obese. Two years later I ran my first marathon and discovered my love for running.
– A year and a half ago, my wife and I were consumed in the rat race of life. We were both working a lot, we took on a major house renovation ourselves, we had long commutes, and we were not spending much time together. We wanted to have more quality family time and enjoy our passions in outdoor recreation. We both left our jobs, moved across the country, and made career changes (in that order). It has been very hard, scary, exciting, and rewarding all at the same time.
What are your hobbies?
Just about anything outside. My favorites would be running, hiking, camping, fishing, skiing, and road trips.
Why do you like working at Simplus?
Culture, transparency from leadership, and work flexibility.
Tell us a little bit about your professional background.
I worked in telecom at Verizon for over a decade in a variety of different roles including engineering and project management. It was a great experience and shaped who I am today. I made a career change last year to Salesforce and have enjoyed every minute of it.
What do you feel are your greatest contributions that help make Simpus the best consulting firm?
I place myself in our client’s position to understand their pain points and desired outcomes. Overcommunicating next steps, action items, timelines, and expected results are key to success and setting the right expectations.
If you are playing Two Truths and a Lie, what answers stump people every time?
People are surprised the following are true.
1. I received my boating license before my driver’s license.
2. I have never seen a Star Wars movie.
3. I used to rock long hair.
Congratulations, Kenny, and thank you for all the incredible work you do at Simplus!