The Summer ‘23 Release is here, and for consumer goods players it’s not one to miss. Updates include an extension of the Consumer Goods Cloud to service capabilities as well as better trade promotion management updates and MuleSoft Direct for faster setup of the Consumer Goods Cloud. We dive into each of these key updates below so you know where to pay extra attention and which features you can take further advantage of:
Consumer Goods Cloud for Service
With Consumer Goods Cloud for Service as a new option, you can make your service operations truly revenue worthy. Capabilities for users with applicable licensing on Consumer Goods Cloud— Service or Consumer Goods Cloud for Sales and Service packages will now include seamless visibility into accounts, visits, engagement records, orders, and more. This means all the needed information is available all the time to deliver more custom-tailored service experiences. In addition, service agents will be empowered to drive more revenue with the ability to place orders over calls (in conjunction with Order Management and Penny Perfect Pricing features).
Enhancements to Trade Promotion
Several updates have been made to the Trade Promotion Management feature of Consumer Goods Cloud, the most noteworthy of which is Trade Promotion Effectiveness (TPE).
- TPE: The new TPE Analytics app allows users to monitor their trade promotions more effectively with dashboards for decision-making based on sales, revenue, and CSAT. These dashboards analyze the trade promotion data for volume, spend, tactics, etc., and can be embedded with widgets within specific Lightning pages for even more accessible insights exactly where you need them.
- Interactive Dashboards in Promotions: The Promotion Analytics Dashboard within TPM can now be used to embed dashboards or dashboard components on promotion pages, with interactive visualizations, filters, and related records included. This allows users to select and specify dashboards or filters that can’t be done using the Filter Builder.
- Quick CBP Calculation: Edits to the Customer Business Plan (CBP) can now be saved and recalculated for faster access to the changed data on the account or related promotions and KPI metrics.
- Pilot of CBP Scenario Evaluations: This update is available only to a limited number of users selected for the pilot program. Different CBPs can be compared and evaluated by creating multiple scenarios based on the active CBP. You can plan for different trade promotions, exclude promotions, and prepare for several financial years out.
- More KPI Reporting Capability: The amount of simultaneous KPI report exports has been raised from five to ten, in columns or rows.
MuleSoft Direct for Consumer Goods Cloud
On instances of Consumer Goods Cloud with Trade Promotion Management enabled, MuleSoft Direct is now available. This makes it easy to integrate your data in Consumer Goods with other third-party systems such as ERP and others. Pre-built APIs from MuleSoft allow you to share account, product, hierarchy, and order information from one system to another, and it only takes a few clicks to set up.
To leverage these updates and more powerful tools from the Salesforce suite of products, get started with a strategic advisory discussion with Simplus today. We’d love to help you scale new summits and reach your technology goals faster.